Where is StackPanel in IronPython / .Net 4?

Ian hobson42 at gmaiil.com
Sun Jun 27 16:21:13 EDT 2010

Hi Benjamin - and thanks for your reply.

I'm now really confused.

On 27/06/2010 20:05, Benjamin Kaplan wrote:
> You don't add references to namespaces. You add references to
> assemblies and you then you import the namespace.
>
> > From the documentation:
> '''
> Namespace:  System.Windows.Controls
> Assembly:  PresentationFramework (in PresentationFramework.dll)
> '''
>
> So you would do
> clr.AddReference("PresentationFramework")
> import System.Windows.Controls

I tried
from System.Windows.Controls import StackPanel
and it worked fine.

Now I need  VerticalAlignment.Top

>From
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.verticalalignment%28v=VS.95%29.aspx
I learn that
this is in the VerticalAlignment Enumeration

*Namespace:* System.Windows
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows%28v=VS.95%29.aspx>
*Assembly:* System.Windows (in System.Windows.dll)
End quote

So I write

clr.AddReference('System.Windows')

and it errors - Could not add reference to System.Windows

So clearly I still don't understand something rather basic.

More help please.

Thanks

Ian