I strongly dislike Python 3

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sun Jun 27 19:51:24 EDT 2010

Stefan Reich <wertiges.produkt at googlemail.com> wrote:

>Consider Java as a better example: JDK 1.6 still runs and compiles
>everything written for JDK 1.0. That is proper management.

And Python has the same management.  Python 2.6 still runs and compiles
everything written for Python 2.0.  If there is ever a JDK 2.0, I'll wager
it will have the same incompatibility issues as Python 3.0.  That "major
number" change is telling you something.  PHP 5 will not handle a lot of
PHP 4 code.

>Python 3 is, I'm sorry to say, an example of unfathomably bad management.

Are you arguing that language developers do not have the right to make
incompatible changes, ever?
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.