python source code -> win/dos executable (on linux)

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Sun Jun 27 21:36:33 EDT 2010

On 2010-06-28, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <4c24c152$0$31381$4fafbaef at reader1.news.tin.it>, superpollo
> wrote:
>
>> suppose i work in a linux environment, but i would like to ship a
>> win/dos executable file from time to time, just for test purposes (my
>> "testers" are windows users and don't want to go through the hassle of
>> installing python on their win boxes).
>
> Is it really such a hassle to install things on Windows?

Sometimes.  But, no matter how easy it is, if you rely on your
customers to install some third party SW that's required for your
program to work, they'll figure out a way to screw it up.

If you're shipping a Windows program, you can barely count on the
target machine having a working base Windows install.  Expecting
something else to be there is pure fantasy.

--
Grant