I strongly dislike Python 3

Steven D'Aprano steve-REMOVE-THIS at cybersource.com.au
Sun Jun 27 23:14:47 EDT 2010

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 16:03:40 -0700, Eric_Dexter at msn.com wrote:

> It should be easier to have a large number of python versions on one
> machine...  I am realy fond of 2.5 so I am probily going to start
> compiling them or just include the python2.5 exe if I port stuff and
> settle it that way..

I have Python 1.5, 2.0, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 3.0, 3.1 and LikePython currently
installed on my system. Apart from having to use `make altinstall`
instead of `make install`, it was easy to install them all.

Of course, the only ones I *regularly* use are 2.5, 2.6 and 3.1, but it's
sometimes handy to go back to 1.5 and see just how far we've come.

--
Steven