Copy / Update - Paste a directory.

Alban Nona python.koda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 09:08:22 EDT 2010

Hello everybody !

wow my first time on this mailing list :)

Well, here the deal.
Im doing a script that basically copy and past into the local drive a
specified directory with all this files.
Im doing the copy with a copytree which is working well.
But, (and I know it will not work as copytree dont update directory) Im,
like, stuck when I have to update the directory.

For a better understanding here what the tree look like:

G:/prod/actual/project/xxx/shot/shot_EN_006/render/v001

and sometime as we have to rerender, we update the "render" folder with a
v002:

G:/prod/actual/project/xxx/shot/shot_EN_006/render/v002

So, actually my script can copy my
*G:/*prod/actual/project/xxx/shot/shot_EN_006/render/v001
directory to *C:/*prod/actual/project/xxx/shot/shot_EN_006/render/v001
but I dont know how to proceed to update this folder when asked.

Here the actual script, as you can see the update part will not work.

Anyone can help me to figure out a solution please ?.

Thank you and have a good day !