GDAL-1.7.1 : vcvarsall.bat missing

kBob krdean at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 10:50:56 EDT 2010

On Jun 25, 9:51 am, Max Erickson <maxerick... at gmail.com> wrote:
> kBob <krd... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jun 25, 1:26 am, Mark Lawrence <breamore... at yahoo.co.uk>
> > wrote:

> If it suits your needs, you can wire the OSGEO installation of GDAL
> to a python.org python installation (rather than a bundled OSGEO
> python interpreter, which is another option):
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/
>
> Setting the correct paths was enough to get the basic things I used
> to work (but I haven't used it extensively).
>

> >  Thanks for the tips, gentlemen.
>
> >  I'll try my luck with Cygwin's ggc before I look into another
> >  C/C++
> > compiler.
>
> > Kelly Dean
> > Fort Collins, CO
>
> Giovanni Bajo packages a version of MinGW GCC for use with Python:
>
> http://www.develer.com/oss/GccWinBinaries
>
> He does note on the page that the MinGW project isn't quite so sure
> that GCC 4.x is ready for release.
>
> Max

Thanks again for the tips. Your suggestions are very helpful.

I was able to get the FWTools installed on the Windows Desktop. It
worked out very well. No issues with the GDAL included in this set of
binaries.

However, I am intrigued with the OSGeo Project, especially with the Qt
binaries included. After understanding GDAL, I'll have to build some
GUI applications to display the GeoTIFF, MrSID, and JPG2000. I was
planning to use Tkinter, but with Qt available from OSgeo4W, it will
give me an opportunity to explorer the GUI development offer by this
package.

Kelly Dean
Fort Collins, CO