More MySQL Stuff

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 12:10:02 EDT 2010

Hi;
So I'm launching into a major rewrite of my shopping cart because I've
finally woken up to the challenge of injection attacks. One of my major
problems is that many column names are determined when the shopping cart is
built. For example, how many photos are to be uploaded is determined that
way, thus there will be a column such as "pic1" and another "pic2" up as
many as the client desires. Now, I guess I could cap that at, say, 9, and
create as many columns, but then there's the issue of creating columns for
all the different "mixins" that I add. For example, when the shop is
created, if it's a jewelry store, I automatically add columns appropriate to
the same (ring size, etc.). Now, I guess I could just create a table with
all those columns added in irrespective of what kind of store it is, then
hide those that aren't used when I print to screen such things as product
descriptions or the form the client uses to upload his data, but that's
inelegant. Any other suggestions?
TIA.
beno