I strongly dislike Python 3

Edward A. Falk falk at green.rahul.net
Mon Jun 28 16:08:18 EDT 2010

In article <mailman.2270.1277736664.32709.python-list at python.org>,
Stephen Hansen  <me+list/python at ixokai.io> wrote:

>No one said otherwise, or that print was useless and never used in such
>contexts.

I was responding to the question "Also, do you use print *that*
much? Really?"  The implication being that in the majority of useful
python programs, you don't really need to use print.

My answer is yes, I use print in 100% of the scripts I write, including
the large useful ones.

For this reason alone, python 3 is incompatible with python 2 (which
has already been acknowledged.)

Until such time as 100% of the systems I might ever want to run my progams
on have python 3 installed, I cannot port my programs over from python 2.

	-Ed Falk, falk at despams.r.us.com
	http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/