optphart (alpha2)

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Tue Jun 29 10:21:35 EDT 2010

On 6/28/10 11:50 PM, rantingrick wrote:
>> You just don't get the point, do you?
>
> And just what *point* an i supposed to be "getting" Stephen? That you
> don't like my contribution? If thats your point then i very much "get"
> it.

This garbage:

"optphart is the nemisis of the asinine interfaces and bulky libraries
you may be accustomed to in the stdlib. All of which clog your scripts
with wasted lines and your memory with complex interfaces far worse
than any colon clogging putrifaction of junk food can hold a candle
to. Do yourself a favor and give your scripts an enema by harnessing
the simplistic elegance of the "optphart" module instead!"

It doesn't advocate your solution; it doesn't describe the benefits of
using it; it doesn't provide a reasonable or technical basis by which it
is in some way superior to others.

It just hand waves other solutions (which exist and are more fully
featured for *very* good reasons-- but you don't bother addressing why
less is more here, you basically just declare it all shit) all the while
being simply insulting to the authors and users of those solutions.

--

    ... Stephen Hansen
    ... Also: Ixokai