I strongly dislike Python 3

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Wed Jun 30 13:32:29 EDT 2010

On 6/30/10 9:22 AM, Lie Ryan wrote:
> On 07/01/10 01:30, Stephen Hansen wrote:

>>> That is precisely how the quick-and-dirty syntax of print statement can
>>> be justified. While debugging, you'll need to be able to quickly add and
>>> delete prints here and there, and the extra parens can quickly become
>>> irritating.
>>
>> I want to stamp a [Citation Needed] claim on that :)
>
> That's based on my own anecdotal experience.

That was meant as a joke. :)

>> Considering all the other things you're likely to do during 'quick and
>> dirty' debugging, an extra set of parens seems terribly unlikely to
>> really be any kind of issue.
>
> You want to focus on doing these "other things you're likely to do"
> instead of having to do the function call keyboard dance.

Function call keyboard dance? Really?

>> That justification sounds like its based on a
>> mountain-out-of-a-mole-hill complaint: print() is really not that
>> significantly more difficult then the print statement.
>
> indeed it isn't a major irritant; but it *is* irritating.

Ooookay. See, if *this* is irritating to you, I just can't fathom how
you get through actually coding anything without going postal.

I'm just gonna chalk it up to "different strokes" and give up :)

--

    ... Stephen Hansen
    ... Also: Ixokai