I strongly dislike Python 3

Steven D'Aprano steve-REMOVE-THIS at cybersource.com.au
Wed Jun 30 18:30:51 EDT 2010

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:21:32 -0400, geremy condra wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> <steve at remove-this-cybersource.com.au> wrote:

>>> That is precisely how the quick-and-dirty syntax of print statement
>>> can be justified. While debugging, you'll need to be able to quickly
>>> add and delete prints here and there, and the extra parens can quickly
>>> become irritating.
>>
>> *rolls eyes*
>>
>> Not as irritating as people who complain about having to type
>> parentheses.
>
> http://www.xkcd.net/297/
>
> Actually, I agree with this complaint though- it is much easier to type
> spaces than parens.

Yes. And typing "p" is easier than typing "print". Perhaps we should
replace all Python built-ins with one letter names so that we can
*really* optimize our typing effort?

i m
d sin2pi(x):
    r m.s(x*2*m.p)

f n == '__main__':
    p "Sine of 1.3*2*pi is," sin2pi(1.3)

Perhaps not.

The rule against premature optimization doesn't just apply to *code*.

--
Steven