Docstrings considered too complicated

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 16:09:39 EST 2010

Andreas Waldenburger wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 18:42:17 +0100 Jean-Michel Pichavant
> <jeanmichel at sequans.com> wrote:
>
>> Andreas Waldenburger wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> Back in the software world: Those guys write code that works. It
>>> does what it's supposed to do. Why should we care where they put
>>> their comments?
>>>

>> If you've bought the code and want to maintain it, you'd better make
>> sure it's possible.
>>
> Fair enough, but we don't want to maintain it.
>

>> By the way, the ISO 9001 standard ask for your out sourced processing
>> to be compliant with your QA objectives, so if you care about your
>> code, then you should care for the code you buy.
>>
> We did not buy code. If it were written in C or such, we would never
> get to see it.
>
> It's not our concern.
>
> /W

 From your original post.

<quote>
a company that works with my company writes a lot of of their code in
Python (lucky jerks). I've seen their code and it basically looks like
this:
</quote>

So what is the relationship between your company and this other company?
When it gets down to pounds, shillings and pence (gosh, I'm old!:) it
sure as hell could make a tremendous difference in the long term, given
that usually maintainance costs are astronomical when compared to
initial development costs.

Regards.

Mark Lawrence.