Docstrings considered too complicated

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Mar 1 17:48:47 EST 2010

Andreas Waldenburger <usenot at geekmail.INVALID> writes:

> On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 18:42:17 +0100 Jean-Michel Pichavant
> <jeanmichel at sequans.com> wrote:
>
> > Andreas Waldenburger wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > Back in the software world: Those guys write code that works. It
> > > does what it's supposed to do. Why should we care where they put
> > > their comments?
> > >
> > If you've bought the code and want to maintain it, you'd better make
> > sure it's possible.
> >
> Fair enough, but we don't want to maintain it.

Do you want it maintained beyond the span of your agreement with the
current developers? Do you want to have free choice in who will maintain
it over the period that you need it maintained?

I understood “want to maintain it” in Jean-Michel's message to include
the possibility to get someone else to maintain it on your terms.

> It's not our concern.

Then I don't see what that problem is.

--
 \     “To save the world requires faith and courage: faith in reason, |
  `\            and courage to proclaim what reason shows to be true.” |