Draft PEP on RSON configuration file format

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Mar 1 18:33:08 EST 2010

Patrick Maupin wrote:
> On Mar 1, 12:03 pm, Paul Rubin <no.em... at nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> But you are working on a solution in search of a problem.  The really
>> smart thing to do would be pick something more useful to work on.  We
>> don't need another configuration language.  I can't even say "yet
>> another" because there's already a "yet another" called yaml.
>
> The only "in search of" here is that, instead of working on a point
> solution for my particular problem, I am "in search of" a solution
> that is a bit more elegant and general, and that might help solve
> other people's problems too.  If you are not one of those that has
> this sort of problem at this point in time, then feel free to kill-
> file this thread.

Psst.  That you're allowed to present the idea that you think is good
doesn't mean that other people aren't allowed to respond and point out
that in their opinion it's not such a good idea.  You don't own this or
any other thread.

  San Jose, CA, USA && 37 18 N 121 57 W && AIM/Y!M/Skype erikmaxfrancis
   It's better to be quotable than to be honest.
    -- Tom Stoppard