Method / Functions - What are the differences?

John Posner jjposner at optimum.net
Mon Mar 1 20:07:37 EST 2010

On 3/1/2010 2:59 PM, Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:

> Answer here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/tree/browse_frm/thread/bd71264b6022765c/3a77541bf9d6617d#doc_89d608d0854dada0
>
> I really have to put this in the wiki :-/

Bruno, I performed a light copy-edit of your writeup and put in some
reStructuredText (reST) markup. The result is at:

   http://cl1p.net/bruno_0301.rst/

The only sentence that I think needs work is:

   Having access to itself (of course), the
   instance (if there's one) and the class, it's easy for it
   to wrap all this into a **method** object.

Maybe this?

   With the instance object (if any) and class object available,
   it's easy to create a method object that wraps the function object.

Begging pardon for my presumptuousness,
John