freebsd and multiprocessing

Tim Arnold a_jtim at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 2 11:31:16 EST 2010

Hi,
I'm intending to use multiprocessing on a freebsd machine (6.3
release, quad core, 8cpus, amd64). I see in the doc that on this
platform I can't use synchronize:

ImportError: This platform lacks a functioning sem_open
implementation, therefore, the required synchronization primitives
needed will not function, see issue 3770.

As far as I can tell, I have no need to synchronize the processes--I
have several processes run separately and I need to know when they're
all finished; there's no communication between them and each owns its
own log file for output.

Is anyone using multiprocessing on FreeBSD and run into any other
gotchas?
thanks,
--Tim Arnold