Working group for Python CPAN-equivalence?

Olof Bjarnason olof.bjarnason at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 06:45:39 EST 2010

2010/3/4 Gregory Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz>:
> Peter Billam wrote:
>
>> A very important thing about CPAN modules is the consistent
>> basic install method:   perl Makefile.PL ; make ; make install
>
> Well, we more or less have that with Python, too:
>
>  python setup.py install
>
> It may not always work smoothly, but it's the
> one obvious thing to try when you've downloaded
> a Python package in source form.
>
> --
> Greg
> --

I want to say thanks to all that have given information regarding the
original question - for example the blog mention was valuable, aswell
as the disctintion between CPAN and cpan.

It was definately *not* my intention to start another "Where is CPAN
for Python?"-thread, but it seems we're already there. :)

--
http://olofb.wordpress.com