NoSQL Movement?

Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente magnicida at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 11:51:21 EST 2010

On 04/03/10 16:21, ccc31807 wrote:
> On Mar 3, 4:55 pm, toby <t... at telegraphics.com.au> wrote:
>>>  where you have to store data and
>>
>> "relational data"
>
> Data is neither relational nor unrelational. Data is data.
> Relationships are an artifact, something we impose on the data.
> Relations are for human convenience, not something inherent in the
> data itself.

No, relations are data. "Data is data" says nothing. Data is
information. Actually, all data are relations: relating /values/ to
/properties/ of /entities/. Relations as understood by the "relational
model" is nothing else but assuming that properties and entities are
first class values of the data system and the can also be related.

JP