My four-yorkshireprogrammers contribution

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Sat Mar 6 01:55:48 EST 2010

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 14:19:03 +1300
Gregory Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> MRAB wrote:
> > By the standards of just a few years later, that's not so much a
> > microcomputer as a nanocomputer!
>
> Although not quite as nano as another design published
> in EA a couple of years earlier, the EDUC-8:

Byte Magazine once published plans for building a computer that had one
instruction.  I believe it was a six bit address so that would make it
a max of 64 bytes.  If I recall, the single instruction was "SUBTRACT
AND JUMP ON CARRY."  Now that's nano!

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves