The C language like the Python, by the Python and for the Python--- PythoidC

CHEN Guang dr.cg at 126.com
Mon Mar 8 03:49:15 EST 2010

Dear Stefan,
Thanks a lot for your interest in PythoidC.
Yes, PythoidC takes regular expression to parse C header files,
but there is no danger at all, because, the parsed result is only used for
introspecting and auto-completion, has noting to do with syntax converting and compiling.
I just improved PythoidC to a satisfying version for me, up to now, all the projects
with PythoidC are experimental or educational.
PythoidC is mainly used to deal with simple but time consuming tasks in Python project,
as you see, PythoidC file can be imported the same any Python files.
Oliver ( ChenGuang )
?
CHEN Guang, 08.03.2010 06:08:
> Hi, if you are interested in C-Python mixed programming, please take a look at:
> http://pythoidc.googlecode.com
> PythoidC is the C language like the Python, by the Python and for the Python

It looks a bit dangerous to me to parse C header files only with regular
expressions. For Cython, some people seem to be using gcc-xml instead, and
some have reported that clang is really nice to play with. However, none of
those has made its way into Cython yet, mostly due to the dependency it
would add. I don't know if tcc (which you seem to depend on) has anything
comparable, but I doubt it.

Just out of curiosity, is this syntax converter actually used for any real
projects?

Stefan