Choosing a collection of common modules/packages for a general purpose reusable PY2EXE runtime

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Tue Mar 9 09:09:01 EST 2010

We've decided to build a re-usable *general purpose* PY2EXE
"runtime" that can be shared by a number of scripts vs.
distributing a monolithic EXE for each of our scripts.

A list of the Python 2.6.4 compatible modules/packages we decided
to include (and exclude) in our "runtime" follows my signature.

Any suggestions on additions or deletions appreciated.

Thanks,
Malcolm

3rd party modules/packages:
- jsonpickle
- win32api
- winshell

We've included all modules from the Python standard library
EXCEPT the following:
http://www.python.org/doc/2.6.4/modindex.html
- aifc
- audioop