How to detect C Function block using python

CHEN Guang at
Tue Mar 9 13:19:22 CET 2010

In the source code of PythoidC ( ), I wrote a Parser for C header files with Python regular expression, not only functions but also structs macros. May be of some help.

Hey All,

I'm new in this community. I am writing a static analyzer for validating C Code using python and for that I'm looking for a python module/API that will detect Function block of a given C-File. I know simple function can be detected using push "{" and poping it if character "}" is found. This solution is actually done already, I want a robust API that can do more then that like detecting Function name parameters its return types etc.