Draft PEP on RSON configuration file format

Wed Mar 10 16:56:19 EST 2010

In message <4b8b5cef$0$1625$742ec2ed at news.sonic.net>, John Nagle wrote:

> Patrick Maupin wrote:
>>
>> Finding .ini configuration files too limiting, JSON and XML to hard to
>> manually edit, and YAML too complex to parse quickly, I have started
>> work on a new configuration file parser.
>
>     You're not supposed to edit those formats manually.

Strange. A previous client of mine was a totally non-IT-technical guy, yet I
was able to set him up with editing XML files (needed to drive some software
I wrote for him) just fine.

Of course he was using a purpose-built editor, namely KXMLEditor.