Can't install ssl for Python2.5

Lacrima lacrima.maxim at
Wed Mar 10 21:16:25 CET 2010

I use Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala. It has Python 2.6 as default
And I installed Python 2.5 alongside (for the need of Google
AppEngine). But it seems like my Python 2.5 installation lacks ssl
support. I can't import ssl and starting appengine server fails with
"'module' object has no attribute 'HTTPSHandler'".
So I tried to install this:
But it failed with a very strange error:
sudo easy_install-2.5 ssl
Searching for ssl
Best match: ssl 1.15
Processing ssl-1.15.tar.gz
Running ssl-1.15/ -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-
looking for /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h
looking for /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/ssl.h
looking for /usr/include/krb5.h
looking for /usr/kerberos/include/krb5.h
error: Setup script exited with error: SandboxViolation: open('/usr/
local/lib/python2.5/test/', 'wb') {}

The package setup script has attempted to modify files on your system
that are not within the EasyInstall build area, and has been aborted.

This package cannot be safely installed by EasyInstall, and may not
support alternate installation locations even if you run its setup
script by hand.  Please inform the package's author and the
maintainers to find out if a fix or workaround is available.

I don't know how to solve this problem and I am looking forward for
Thanks in advance.

with regards,