Anything like "Effective Java" for Python?

Kevin Walzer kw at
Thu Mar 11 16:44:12 CET 2010

On 3/10/10 10:19 AM, kj wrote:
> Subject line pretty much says it all: is there a book like "Effective
> Java" for Python.  I.e. a book that assumes that readers are
> experienced programmers that already know the basics of the language,
> and want to focus on more advanced programming issues?
> ~K
I haven't read "Effective Java," but I have found Lutz's "Programming
Python" to be a very useful guide to solving various programming issues
with the language. It's a big, big book, so there's lots to look at.

Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin