unable to run wxPython script: dll errors

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 13:15:38 EST 2010

Hi all,
I am trying to run a file that should pop up a dialog. The dialog is
fine (I used XRCed to create it and running it from within that editor
brings up the dialog I want). When I run my file, though, I get this
traceback:

C:\Users\Alex>c:\python26\python.exe i:\arm\dictionary.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "i:\arm\dictionary.py", line 2, in <module>
    import wx
  File "c:\python26\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\__init__.py", line 4
5, in <module>
    from wx._core import *
  File "c:\python26\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 4, i
n <module>
    import _core_
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

I am running win7x64, wxPython2.8, python2.6. Any ideas why this would
be happening? I found a forum post that talked about a manifest file
and some dll files being needed, but it did not make a lot of sense.
Thanks!

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)