Where can I find documentation for data[:,9]

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 20:22:21 CET 2010

On 2010-03-11 13:01 PM,  Cal Who wrote:
> data = readdata( 'data/input.dat', delimiter = ',' )
> input = data[:, :9]#nine data columns
> Where can I find documentation for the
> data[:,9]
> in the code above.
> Been looking and found many examples but would like to know the definition.

When asking questions like this, it helps *a lot* to provide a complete example,
not just a snippet. If I weren't already intimately familiar with the library
you are using, I would have no idea how to help you.

However, I do know that input object is a numpy array, and the syntax you are
asking about is multidimensional slicing.

> I need to skip the first column and then read 9

data[:, 1:10]

> I would also like to print the data in ihe variable "input"

print input

Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco