show image in python

News123 news1234 at free.fr
Fri Mar 12 06:44:27 EST 2010

Philip Semanchuk wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2010, at 5:03 PM, mohamed issolah wrote:
>
>> Hey, This is my program
>>

>> 18 def Creeimg():
>> 19         """transforme matrice en image"""
>> 20         img = Image.new ("L",(8,8))
>> 21         matrix = [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]
>> 22         img.putdata(matrix)
>> 23         img.show()
>> 24         img.save(fp="./ana.bmp")
>> 25

>> My probeleme : In line 23 "img.show()" Don't work, normally I show the
>> image

Image show is implemented rather half heartedly (at least on linux)

a potential reasons is:
- you didn not install the correct image viewer tool (You should see an
error message though". Then you could try to install the tool, that
python did not find.

depending on the platform, you might have bugs, that don't allow to view
more than one image at a time / etc.

potentially you might be better of by just using
a hand rolled os.system()
or subprocess.Popen call

bye