file seek is slow

CHEN Guang dr.cg at 126.com
Fri Mar 12 23:13:42 EST 2010

>> Metalone wrote:
>>> I just tried the seek test with Cython.
>>> Cython fseek() : 1.059 seconds.  30% slower than 'C'
>>> Python f.seek  : 1.458 secondds. 80% slower than 'C'.
>>>
>>> It is amazing to me that Cython generates a 'C' file that is 1478
>>> lines.
>>
>> PythoidC ( http://pythoidc.googlecode.com ) generates the shortest 'C' file.
>> PythoidC is the C language like the Python, by the Python and for the Python.

>Except that it's not a language but rather a syntax converter, i.e. it
>doesn't really add any features to the C language but rather restricts
>Python syntax to C language features (plus a bit of header file
>introspection, it seems, but C's preprocessor has a bit of that, too).
>Stefan

PythoidC is a familar language to Python and C programmers, I do not like
waste my time to create unfamilar things to waste users' time studying.
In fact PythoidC removed some boring features from C language:
1. no semicolon ; at line ends
2. no braces {} , take Pythonic indent region to express code block
PythoidC restricts C syntax to Python language feature, so that
C language bacomes friendly to Python programmers and Python IDE.
PythoidC realized introspection not only on header files but also any C files.
The PythoidC introspection will be as good as Python introspection,
if only the C header file wirters adds more detailed annotation.
PythoidC is a familar and convenient C language tool for Python programmers and mixed programming.
plus, PythoidC is realizable only with Python, it's too far beyond C's preprocessor, believe it, or show us.
CHEN Guang
Convenient C Python mixed programming --- PythoidC ( http://pythoidc.googlecode.com )