"Breaking" the __main__ script

Joaquin Abian gatoygata2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 10:03:29 EDT 2010

On 14 mar, 12:34, vsoler <vicente.so... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am still learning python, thus developnig small scripts.
>
> Some of them consist only of the main module. While testing them
> (debugging) I sometimes want to stop the script at a certain point,
> with something like    stop, break, end   or something similar.
>
> What statement can I use?
>
> Vicente Soler

Hola Vicente,

You need a debugger.
A practical solution to start with is to use an IDE with an integrated
debugger.
Stani's Python Editor (SPE) is a lightweight IDE with pdb integrated
(with style checker also).
It is a very good ide for learning (simple and not cluttered) but also
for medium size
applications (it is very well designed).

atb

Joaquin