What does Error: 'module' object is not callable Mean?

Cal Who CalWho at roadrunner.com
Sun Mar 14 14:57:02 EDT 2010

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stephen Hansen
  To: Cal Who
  Cc: python-list at python.org
  Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 2:33 PM
  Subject: Re: What does Error: 'module' object is not callable Mean?

  On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Cal Who <CalWhoNOSPAM at roadrunner.com> wrote:
    from ffnet.tools import drawffnet
    import pylab
    drawffnet(nn)   #Error: 'module' object is not callable

  First and foremost, please please please: don't describe or paraphrase tracebacks when asking for help, show them. The whole thing. It doesn't -really- matter here, but it still applies.

  I'll keep that in mind but in this instance I simply cut and pasted the message.

  That said, "drawffnet" is a module.

  You can't call -- put () on the end of -- a module. Its not a function. Its a file containing code.

  Perhaps you mean drawffnet.drawffnet()?

  I copied that code from an example and what you suggested fixed it.
  Thanks.

  --S