Understanding the CPython dict implementation

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Mar 16 16:04:22 EDT 2010

On 3/16/2010 7:46 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:39:46 -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:
>
>> I found this PyCon2010 presentation to be excellent: The Mighty
>> Dictionary, Branden Craig Rhodes, 30 min.

Sorry,
http://pycon.blip.tv/file/3332763/

which plays fine in FF3.6 on windows

>> http://pycon.blip.tv/file/3264041/

wrong file number

> Unfortunately, that clip seems to be unwatchable, at least for me. It
> crashed the Netscape plugin in Konqueror, and crashed Firefox.

The flash version does not work for me. This is true of about 1/3 of the
Pycon 2010 videos that I have tried. The .ogv version of this and all
others that I have tried (hit Download under Comments) plays fine within
FF3.6 on my windows xp machine. Perhaps there is a linux-specific bug,
if that is what you are running under.

Terry Jan Reedy