Conditional based on whether or not a module is being used

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Mar 16 19:55:51 EDT 2010

In article <42062deb-785a-4955-9ce0-d9fb7a26455d at j27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
Vinay Sajip  <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>I'm reviewing the documentation at the moment, as it happens, and it
>still seems hard to be able to put together a structure which is good
>for everyone. A full treatment, it seems to me, would talk a little
>about the detail of why things work as they do; but a lot of the time,
>people are just interested in getting going with the package, and less
>interested in the whys and wherefores. But for people trying to do more
>than the basics, that deeper understanding is sometimes necessary. The
>hard part is satisfying all audiences in one document!

Simple answer: don't

The main logging docs should be reference material, but the top of the
docs should link to a tutorial (or the other way around, but I think the
Python docs have generally preferred to make the primary doc reference).

Trying to make one page serve all documentation purposes rarely works.