Win32All On 64-Bit Operating Systems

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Mar 17 15:59:57 EDT 2010

On 17/03/2010 19:07, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
> That's not really so. Windows definitely has the notions of users and groups,
> they just don't quite align with the POSIX model exactly.

Yes, my comment was a little blase. I know that Windows has users & groups:

http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/get-the-owner-of-a-file.html

:)

I was thinking that you wanted a naive transfer of the Posix concept.
The "owner" of a file does mean something to Windows (while the "group"
really doesn't; it's just an artefact of Windows' posix-compatibility)
but not as much as it does on Posix systems, because the security system
is much more sophisticated.

But maybe I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs ?

TJG