What Does sys.platform Return On 64 Bit Windows Systems?

Wed Mar 17 23:49:20 CET 2010

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:30:19 -0500, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

> On older 32 bit Windows systems, sys.platform returns:  'win32'
> What does it return on 64-bit Windows systems?  I'd check myself, but I
> don't have access to 64-bit Windows.

According to the docs, it returns win32:

If anyone knows different, this should be reported as a documentation
bug. But 30 seconds of googling suggests that sys.platform is 'win32'
even on 64-bit builds of Windows, by design: