import antigravity

Thu Mar 18 07:52:08 EDT 2010

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:17:43 +0100, Stefan Behnel wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro, 18.03.2010 08:49:
>> In message<mailman.820.1268725930.23598.python-list at python.org>, Chris
>> Rebert wrote:
>>
>> I see that you published my unobfuscated e-mail address on USENET for
>> all to see. I obfuscated it for a reason, to keep the spammers away.
>> I'm assuming this was a momentary lapse of judgement, for which I
>> expect an apology. Otherwise, it becomes grounds for an abuse complaint
>> to your ISP.
>
> I hope you just had a bad day. Threatening others for figuring out your
> e-mail address is even worse than posting with an illegal e-mail
> address.

No, this is hardly the first time that Lawrence has made such a
wankerific threat:

http://www.mail-archive.com/python-list%40python.org/msg245012.html

I sympathise, because many years ago I lost an email address, made
unusable by spam, after using it unobfuscated in Usenet. But I think that
the spammers have mostly moved on these days. The pickings are much
richer for hijacking people's address books in Hotmail, Facebook or
Outlook, and the state of the art of anti-spam is better too. So I think
that Lawrence needs to HTFU and stop making empty threats over something
so trivial.

--
Steven