"EURO GIRLS" "MISS EUROPE" "MISS FRENCH" "FRENCH" "PRETTY GIRLS" "SEXY FRENCH GIRLS" on www.sexyandpretty-girls.blogspot.com "SEXY RUSSIAN GIRLS" "SEXY GREEK GIRLS" "SEXY DUTCH GIRLS" "SEXY UK GIRLS" "SEXY HOLLYWOOD GIRLS" "SEXY BOLLYWOOD"

Brian J Mingus Brian.Mingus at Colorado.EDU
Sun Mar 21 15:11:29 EDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Zooko O'Whielacronx <zookog at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Brian J Mingus
> <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu> wrote:
> > Moderating this stuff requires moderating all messages.
>
> Not quite. GNU Mailman comes with nice features to ease this task. You
> can configure it so that everyone who is currently subscribed can post
> freely, but new subscribers get a "moderated" bit set on them. The
> first time this new subscriber attempts to post to the list, a human
> moderator has to inspect their message and decide whether to approve
> it or deny it. If they human moderator approves it, they can also on
> the same web form remove the "moderated" bit from that poster.
>
> Therefore, the volunteer work required would be inspecting the *first*
> post from each *new* subscriber to see if that post is spam.
>
> Regards,
>
> Zooko

I like this approach, but I like even better simply disabling the usenet
gateway. I can't find the message now but someone mentioned it would almost
completely get rid of the spam problem. I disagree with Steve Holden that
since it's only ~1% we should just ignore it.