SOAP 1.2 Python client ?

BlueBird phil at freehackers.org
Tue Mar 23 08:38:37 EDT 2010

On 5 mar, 13:19, lbolla <lbo... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 5, 10:01 am, BlueBird <p... at freehackers.org> wrote:
>

> > On 3 mar, 20:35, Stefan Behnel <stefan... at behnel.de> wrote:
>
> > > BlueBird, 03.03.2010 17:32:

> > >SOAPmay be an overly bloated protocol, but it's certainly not black magic.
> > > It's not hard to do manually if you really need to:
>
> > >http://effbot.org/zone/element-soap.htm
>
> > But this requires a goog knowloedge ofSOAP, in order to parse
> > everything correctly. The reason I want to use a ready-made client is
> > that I have about zero knowledge aboutSOAP, and even more in the
> > differences betweenSOAP1.1 and 1.2 .
>
> > cheers,
>
> > Philippe
>
> I use a thin custom-made python wrapper around gSoap[1], which is tens
> of times faster than ZSI.

I looked at gSoap and the solution seemed really nice. They can
generate C that I can call with ctypes.

The only problem is that I am working on a closed source software and
their licensing cost for close source were too expensive for my
company.

After much much digging, we found out the problem and managed to solve
it with SUDS. When calling a .NET service, you should not reference
the soap envelope spec with 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
envelope/' but with 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope' .
The .NET server implementation seems to be very picky about the
last / .

Yeah for SUDS and oooooh for .NET

cheers,

Philippe