chroot fails with mount point passed to subprocess.Popen?

newton10471 newton10471 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 07:42:08 EDT 2010

Hi Alf,

After doing some more research, including the character-by-character
comparison you suggested (thank you!), I was able to get things
working the way I wanted using the following:

def getInstalledKernelVersion(mountPoint):
    linuxFsRoot = mountPoint + "/root"
    installedKernelVersionResult = subprocess.Popen(['/usr/sbin/
chroot',linuxFsRoot,'/bin/rpm','-q','kernel-xen'],
stdout=subprocess.PIPE).communicate()[0]
    return installedKernelVersionResult

Thanks very much for you help,

-Matt