how to display variables down a stackdump when an exception occurred

News123 news1234 at
Thu Mar 25 09:25:06 CET 2010

I captured a piece of code with a try except statement:

In the except part I display a stackdump

except Exception as e:
    import traceback
    ex_type,ex_value,e_b = sys.exc_info()
    tbstring = traceback.format_exc()
    print '%s%s:%s:%s' % \

The output, that I receive is:
  File "C:\mycode\", line 63, in upload_chunk
    rslt =
  File "C:\Python26\lib\", line 1199, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\", line 1489, in __request
  File "C:\Python26\lib\", line 1253, in request
    return self._parse_response(h.getfile(), sock)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\", line 1387, in _parse_response
  File "C:\Python26\lib\", line 601, in feed
    self._parser.Parse(data, 0)
ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 0

In order to understand more I would like to display the value of
data in C:\Python26\lib\", line 601

Is this possible in a non interactive fashion?

This is a generic question about inspecting variables down the stack,
whenever an exception occurs.

I started another thread specifically about displaying the invalid
xmlrpc data.