Is it possible to use re2 from Python?

Tim Wintle tim.wintle at
Thu Mar 25 10:34:17 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 10:44 -0700, _wolf wrote:
> yes we can!

I had made a thin wrapper experiment with here - looks like the version
he's shipped is relatively complete and compatible with the re module

I'll be interested in seeing how well it performs - The wrapper I had
been experimenting with ended up far slower than the re module for
simple expressions - and the fastest codepaths in RE2 seem to be ones
that are incompatible with the API we're used to using in the re module.