Python database of plain text editable by notepad or vi

James Harris james.harris.1 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 25 18:40:33 EDT 2010

I am looking to store named pieces of text in a form that can be
edited by a standard editor such as notepad (under Windows) or vi
(under Unix) and then pulled into Python as needed. The usual record
locking and transactions of databases are not required.

Another way to look at it is to treat the separate files as entries in
a dictionary. The file name would be the key and the lines of the file
the value.

Anyone know of a database (with a Python interface) which will allow
text files to be treated as database fields? If not I can just write
it but I thought it best to ask if there was an existing solution
first.

James