XPCOM/hulahop: waiting for JavaScript finished?

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Thu Mar 25 23:13:49 CET 2010

I am playing a bit with hulahop/xpcom using the code found at

but have no idea how to check if some JavaScript has finised running.
The _loaded method of Browser is called after the document has finished
has finised setting things up.

Is there a way to either wait a few seconds in _loaded (fragile, of
course). time.sleep() (as expected) blocks.

Or better, is there a way to check if JavaScript has stopped running?
(Hmmm... thinking of it, this can also run on events, so maybe there is
no good way to do this?)

John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/