Revisiting Generators and Subgenerators

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Mar 26 07:49:25 EDT 2010

Winston wrote:
[...]
>     This new syntax for a generator will break all existing
>     programs. But we happen to be at the start of Python 3K where
>     new paradaigms are
>     being examined.

However good your idea may be, I suspect this one sentence will kill it.

We are no longer "at the start of Py3k", we are moving towards the third
release, and there is already a substantial body of code and literature
embodying the current syntax.

So you would need to reformulate your proposals to incorporate backward
compatibility.

regards
 Steve
See PyCon Talks from Atlanta 2010  http://pycon.blip.tv/