Have you embraced Python 3.x yet?

Neil Cerutti neilc at norwich.edu
Fri Mar 26 09:34:35 EDT 2010

On 2010-03-26, Harishankar <v.harishankar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you people embraced Python 3.x or still with 2.5 or 2.6?
>
> I personally want to switch over but not too sure how many
> people are using 3.x as opposed to 2 so I want to keep my
> programs compatible for the majority.

I switched 6 months ago, or so. My library needs are met by
what's in CPython, so I couldn't see, at the time, a good reason
to sit still.

My programs didn't take much effort to convert. They are nearly
all data conversion programs. Microsoft rendering the one outside
module I did use, an Excel reader, obsolete caused me a lot more
trouble than switching from 2.5 to 3.1.

Past advice in this forum has been that as long as you don't
depend on libraries that don't yet support Python 3, you can
probably switch over and not need to look back.

--
Neil Cerutti