Any examples/documentation for python-newt

Harishankar v.harishankar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 07:06:36 EDT 2010

I am writing a fairly featureful TUI in python and I figured newt is the
best lightweight TUI which actually offers widgets. curses is low level
and its text editing capabilities are poor while UIs like urwid and stfl
too complex for simple programs like the ones I am creating.

Could anybody point me to at least a decent example program in newt/snack
and I don't mean popcorn.py or peanuts.py. Something that at least shows
how to create a basic menu-driven program in the command line with a main
menu and implementing several sub menus. Also a bit of explanation of the
behaviour of OK and Cancel buttons in standard forms would be of help.

So anybody uses newt? Or have people stopped using text based UIs
completely?

--
-- Harishankar (http://harishankar.org http://literaryforums.org)

--