Harishankar v.harishankar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 05:09:42 EDT 2010

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:12:09 +0200, Stéphane Klein wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I work on HTML cleaner.
>
> I export OpenOffice.org documents to HTML. Next, I would like clean this
> HTML export files :
>
> * remove comment
> * remove style
> * remove dispensable tag
> * ...
>
> some difficulty :

> title</h1>
>
> to do this process, I use lxml and pyquery.
>
> Question :
>
> * are there some xml helper tools in Python to do this process ? I've
> looked for in pypi, I found nothing about it
>
> If you confirm than this tools don't exists, I'll maybe publish a helper
> package to do this "clean" processing.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Stephane

Take a look at htmllib and HTMLParser (two different modules) in the
Python built-in library.

In Python 3.x there is one called html.parser

You can use this to parse out specific tags from HTML documents. If you
want something more advanced, consider using XML.

--
Harishankar (http://harishankar.org http://literaryforums.org)