sum for sequences?

Mon Mar 29 23:29:11 EDT 2010

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:24:42 -0700, Patrick Maupin wrote:

> On Mar 29, 6:19 pm, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
> cybersource.com.au> wrote:
>> How does the existence of math.fsum contradict the existence of sum?
>
> You're exceptionally good at (probably deliberately) mis-interpreting
> what people write.

I cannot read your mind, I can only interpret the words you choose to
write. You said

[quote]
See, I think the very existence of math.fsum() already violates "there
should be one obvious way to do it."
[end quote]

If sum satisfies the existence of one obvious way, how does math.fsum
violate it? sum exists, and is obvious, regardless of whatever other
solutions exist as well.

--
Steven