GIF89A and PIL

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Mar 30 00:41:11 EDT 2010

On 27Mar2010 19:44, Stephen Hansen <apt.shansen at gmail.invalid> wrote:
| Yeah, I don't expect much from PNG. The images are very small but I
| might be sending a LOT of them over a pipe which is fairly tight, so
| 50-60 bytes matters. That's why I selected GIF.

How well does a stream of XPM files compress? Probably not enough, I
would guess. Just wondering.

Do you need to move a "standard" image format around? If everything's
16x16 8 bit colour (and if, with luck, they share a colour map) maybe
you can ship raw bytes expressing what you want.

How colourful are these GIFs?
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

What I want is Facts. Teach these boys and girls nothing but Facts.  Facts
alone are wanted in life. Plant nothing else, and root out everything else.
        - Charles Dickens    John Huffam   1812-1870  Hard Times [1854]