associative array

Javier Montoya jmontoyaz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 12:40:30 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I'm a newbie in python and would be acknowledge if somebody could shed
some light on associative arrays.
More precisely, I would like to create a multi-dimensional associative
array. I have for example a list of students which are identified
uniquely by their student IDs. Additionally, for each student I have
some information: FirstName, LastName, etc.

The array would have then the following form:
[StudentID] => [FirstName][LastName][Telephone]...[ ... ]

I would like to be able to access a field directly by using a
StudentID
[StudentID][FirstName]
[StudentID][LastName]

How could I manipulate such an array (create the array, add elements,
access data)?

Best wishes